Friday, October 3, 2008

My inspiration



My inspiration for my dress came from whenever I would go prom dress shopping in high school I could never find a dress I truly loved. I always wanted to find a short red dress. The red dress would have popped on the dance floor and could have been so fun to wear. Now I designed this dress for semi-formal. I also got inspiration from Hillary Swank's 2005 Oscar gown designed by Guy Laroche. I loved how elegant the gown looked with the high collar and the extreme "v" back. I choose to emulate the plunging back to give the dress a sexy appeal without if being skimpy. I used a heart shaped bustline to give the dress a soft innocent look. The top of the dress is very form fitting and snug around the body. The skirt part of dress is going to be flowy and flirty so you can dance in it. The material is going to be satin, but not stiff. The dark red band underneath the bustline and edging the back plung has crystal jewels on it to embellish the dress and give it an extra touch of elegance.


4 comments:

albarrow said...

I think this dress is really pretty. I dresses with the back cut out

albarrow said...

I love dresses with the back cut out is what i mean to say...

Lauren White said...

I absolutely love this dress! the color is great, as well as the shape! It is definately a great semi-formal dress, and I to love dresses with the back cut out!

Professor Sanghvi said...

I really liked the dress too. I didn't remember the Hillary Swank dress - so i looked it up (Thanks to Google!) and i see how it influences your back cut.

Good Job!